"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them." Psalm 127:3-5

September 30, 2010

What he says...

Elliott said like 3 words at 18 months.  Not kidding.  And they were mostly variations of the same sounds.  "Stuck."  "Tucker." and "Duck."  For a few months he said "Daddy" but then he stopped.  And he never said "Mommy." 

Shortly after his 18 month check-up he started saying all kinds of words.  And now, right at 2 years, he talks all. the. time.  And clearly, I might add.  Like the other day when I walked in his room to get him up for the day and he said, "It's not really very dark out anymore, mommy."  Slightly taken aback by the number of words in that thought I replied, "Well, no, no it's not, Elliott."

I'm glad he talks now.  Mostly because he says the FUNNIEST things.  His littly spunky personality finally has a little spunky mouth as well. 

Here are some conversations we had today:

(This was in the middle of a conversation after he got disciplined for running into the street.)
Me:  "Elliott, you are a sinner.  You need a __________." (this is where he should say "Savior")
Elliott:  "Binky."

(This was as he was crawling down the stairs on his belly, face first while I was reading a book to Caleb.)
Elliott:  "I'm not gonna kill myself mommy."
Me, as I look up to see what he is doing:  "Huh, Elliott?  Oh my goodness, be careful."
Elliott:  "I'm not gonna kill myself.  I'm ok." 

Indeed, he did not kill himself.  But I about died laughing.

1 comment:

andreajennine said...

So Elliott might like a couple of songs we occasionally sing for Brandt:

"Blessed assurance, binky is mine..."

"What a friend we have in binky..."