"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them." Psalm 127:3-5

February 16, 2010

It's Been a Long Time...

...and I'm still not going to take the time this moment to update you. Please forgive me! Someday I'll post pictures of birthday parties, and Christmas celebrations, and our new house, and where we've been in between, and how baby #3 will come in approximately 8 weeks, but for today you're going to get a cute Caleb moment. And I must say, my children do and say some hilarious things!

This morning I was sorting MOUNTAINS of laundry piled high in our room. I had my baskets all set out and Caleb informed me that he would like to help. He's never really done laundry sorting before so in an attempt to simplify things I asked him to find all of the red things and put them in a certain basket. He did that purposefully for a while, jabbering about super heros to me the whole time, and then asked me where to put a pair of jeans that were, quite obviously, not red. I explained that I was sorting things into 3 categories: bright colors, dark colors and whites. He informed me that he would put the jeans in the dark colors but that the pink shirt he was also holding should go with the bright colors because pink is like red. The whole time we were sorting I was marveling at how helpful he was being, not to mention faithful. He has a hard time completing tasks and THIS, my friends, was no small task. I'm not exaggerating when I say we were sorting for 10 minutes. As I was encouraging him for being faithful to help complete the task we started and how that was God's grace in Him he said, "Yeah, mom, and someday when I grow up I'll have to do laundry all by myself and I'll have to sort it...... Or mom, maybe God will give me a wife and she will serve me by doing my laundry."

God, would you please be so kind to bless Caleb with a Godly wife who will indeed delight in serving You by doing His laundry. Until then, God, would you help me raise this boy to seek not to be served, but to serve!

3 comments:

Emily Clarkson said...

My heart seriously melted. What a beautiful little boy. PTL! Miss you friend!

Molly said...

We love you, Caleb! :)

Katie said...

I hope Tali's that woman. :)