"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them." Psalm 127:3-5

February 16, 2009

Caleb's Shenanigans

We have a crafty little boy on our hands, folks! Here is some of Caleb's sharpness shining through. Now if only we could harness this sharpness in terms of biblical wisdom we'd be set for life!

On Saturday we put Caleb down for a nap. An hour and a half later I went up there to check on him and he was still wide awake. I walked in there and he smiles at me and says, "Caleb wake up." I said, "No you didn't wake up, you never went to sleep." He sheepishly said, "No." Then he cocked his head to the side and very sweetly and pleadingly said, "Caleb get up from nap. Caleb go to bed early."

Then on Sunday Ben was walking Caleb down the hall to children's church/nursery. Caleb has recently been an all-star about going to nursery. (This in itself is a HUGE improvement, friends! A year ago he would scream the entire time he was in nursery.) Anyhow, he still puts up the "I don't want to go to class" talk even though he has joyfully gone in without even a fuss the last 3 times. Praise the Lord for working in him. So Ben was walking him down the hall and there is a strict policy about wellness in our church (for good reasons!) Caleb looks at Ben and puts one finger up his own nose and says, "Caleb not go to class. Caleb hab booders." (boogers) He went to class.

This morning, I was feeding Elliott and reading Caleb books. All of a sudden Caleb gets out a book, starts licking his finger and turning the pages. Then he looks at me and says, "Caleb do it wike Mommy!" As if that wasn't enough to make me double over in laughter, we get to a part in the book that says, "Bear growls and grumbles" and Caleb says, "Bear grumble just wike Caleb. Grumble sin."

I love this kid!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love your little boy!