Grandma and Grandpa gave the big boys a giant trunk full of dress up clothes for Christmas. You would not believe how much fun we are having. My boys would rather play pretend than any other thing. For example, if I get out the legos in hopes of building something elaborate with them, they build for approximately 3 and a half minutes before their brains turn OFF builder mode and into "what can we pretend these legos are instead." So they aren't going to be architects....
My favorite thing they pretend recently is "The Exodus." The other day I walked into the living room where they were dancing to music. Elliott promptly informed me that they were getting married.
"You can't marry your brother," I replied.
"No, Mom." He retorted. "I'm Zipporah. Caleb's Moses."
Stay tuned for a series of pictures from the trunk.
2 comments:
what an AWESOME present!!! Hannah plays princess daily and Eli likes to play right alongside her, usually pretending to wear some sort of dress too. (When I tell him boys don't wear dresses he says, "Mom, I'm just PRETENDING." LOL) But this week he's been requesting a King costume! Guess I'll have to work on that!
It was one of the favorite presents for sure! My mom and I had so much fun picking out costumes around Halloween time (they are so cheap afterwards!) to stuff in there! She even purchased a beautiful dress for when our little girl friends come over. Which just means, Sarah, that you need to bring your kids out and play :)
Post a Comment