"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them." Psalm 127:3-5

July 15, 2009

Signs We Live In The City....

Photo from flickr.com


Ok, well, maybe just one sign....

"Mom will you please tell me a story." (This was the 248,397th time he asked that today. And the 120,230,098th time he asked this week. We tell a lot of stories around here so I dig up memories like it's my job...)
"Sure, Caleb. This is one I've never told you before. Once upon a time, when I was in middle school, I went over to my friends house to work on a project for science class. When we were finished we went outside to play. We decided to ride my friends real, live horse and--"
"Mom, did it have a button?"
"No Caleb, it was alive."
"Mom, how did you turn it on?"
"Caleb, we didn't have to turn it on. It was alive. It was a real horse. It says neigh."
"Mom, was it a farm animal? Were you on a farm?"
"Yes, Caleb."
"Oh. But why did it not have a button?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't it have a button, indeed?

Reminds me of a little story from my weekend. Since I grew up in the suburbs and my in-laws live in a rural area, they always assume I have missed out on vital life experiences like touching cows. On Saturday, we were working on my BIL's garden. The guys were shoveling dirt into some raised beds and mixing some horse manure in for fertilizer. My MIL turned to me and said, "Do you want to see the manure up close?" "Um, no thanks. I have seen horse poop before!"

Ruth Ann said...

what a little buddy! I love him!!

In Light of the Truth... said...

haha! I love it!

Katie said...

Oh boy...we gotta take these kids to the country a bit more often!